Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

scope just arrived!

Just letting you guys know that my new scope just came this minute of FLO(Skywatcher 150p dobsonian). I havent had chance to open any of the packaging but will be doing very soon. All I can say for my first order of FLO is wow!, I ordered it sunday night and was not expecting the super fast delivery. Will definatly order in the future ;). I am hoping for clear skies so I can test it out. It is a great improvement from my 20 year old tasco 60mm refractor. Really can't wait to use it. When I get it set up ill post some pictures of the scope and will try to take some pictures when I come to use it. But i cant guarantee as the camera is very poor but worth a try. Thanks all :BangHead:

You are gonna be dazzled by the difference between a 60mm tasco and a 6" reflector. My own upgrade was exactly the same, 60mm tasco to sw150pl newtonian. You'll suddenly realise how much you haven't been seeing with the tasco. Enjoy

Hey and thanks all cant wait to use it now, hoping for clear skies. Just got the boxes open and wow I didnt expect the tube to be so big it is massive in length and diameter I didnt think it was going to be so big. Just checked that everything is there and thankfully it is, now to the process of setting it up ;). Not expecting clear skies tonight as it is pouring with rain, thundering and lightning.Will post some pictures soon. Thanks again guys :BangHead:.

I didnt think it was going to be so big. ;).

I ordered the 300p Flex and was AMAZED by the size of the thing. Mrs thought I had bought a coffin when she saw the size of the OTA box :BangHead: and that was with the tube closed down!!

haha even with my "6 I was so suprised at the size of the thing much bigger than my old tasco. Glad i didnt buy anything larger as it will be quite a struggle to get outside. Just finished the dob base and now waiting for parents to help screw the tube on, most likely wont be able to use it tonight because of rain but it is such a sight too look at. was suprised with the super 10 and 25mm eyepieces that came with the scope.

quite a struggle to get outside

You're not wrong, I can just shift the 300p in one go but usually split the OTA and base and can get it out in the garden quite confortably. But it does weigh a bit....

If I had seen it first I would have thought again, so I am glad I didn't because it is brilliant. I get it into the garden as often as I can and just keep a surgeon on standby to stitch the hernia up.

Archived