Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PST Caddy

Darren B

I made my own - a piece of bent aluminium with a hole punched in it for the scope to poke through. It made a big difference and is cooler than a cloth over your head.

I wouldn't buy one though, the one I've seen for sale is way too expensive - if you can't make your own then a cloth or cap would be preferable.

:D

Seriously, we used to sell loads of PST caddys and people do like them but then we stopped offering Coronado PST solar telescopes so the caddy was shelved. Now the PST is back on the menu it would be nice to raise the caddy's profile again, hence my offer.

Steve

Steve, thanks for the offer. I'd be more than happy to write a review about it. I'll pm my details.

The DMK31 is a great camera for solar Ha imaging.
Jan has told me that I need to mod the PST eyepiece holder, i.e remove the spacer tube below the holder for the DMK31 to work without a powermate and then just use a 25mm extension tube to use the DMK31 with the powermate.

Sounds OK

The bottom section of the eyepiece holder on the latest PST's holds a min-ERF ( to give additional protection to the final blocking filter) this can be removed with the spacer for imaging. You may need the assistance of a BOA strap...depends on the amount of Loctite the Mexican's applied.

Archived