After a few months of happily using my celestron ps127eq something went wrong with it and I took it back for a full refund, after careful consideration and the words of the very helpful people on here I decided to switch from an eq mount to a dobsonian and have ordered a Skywatcher Skyliner 150P Dobsonian. From the nice people at FLO I'm really looking forward to the new arrival,I was wondering if anyone has any experience or tips for this scope do you think I made the right choice I just found the eq mount very fiddly and juddery thx john:)

You will love this scope, friend! I have 12 of them in service on three campuses, and everyone in my astronomy program - over 150 students per year - starts out on a 150mm dob.

This is the workhorse scope of our program, and we do 95% of our telescopic observations (about 40 events per school year) with this scope. The original pair have been in service for 12 years, and you cannot tell them apart from the newest (I added 3 more 150mm dobs for the college campus last spring). These are the last word in rugged, portable, all-purpose optics; you can even upgrade it to an equatorial mount later if you want.

I've attached a fun activity to cut your teeth on - it will give you a lot of things to try and help you to learn how to use your scope! :p

All you need is a descent view of the southern sky, and a nice 6" scope! :D

Dan

Lab #4 - Double Stars in Scorpio.doc

Wow sounds like I made the right choice then,I ordered it at 2pm yesterday from first light optics and it arrived at 11am this morning what a service! Considering they had none in stock and was expecting it next wednesday:) can't wait to get out there and start using it

Archived