NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Gone fishin'

Astroman

...for DSO's!

Had a run at the SARA for a GRB last weekend, now it's my turn. Our Messier Marathon is this weekend, and I'm taking off tomorrow. Forecast is clear, sunny, 39ºC days and 11ºC nights. I'll have both the C8 and the 10" Treckerscope, (if I can find a way to get them both in the truck).

We won't be marathoning, but we will be doing a little comparative observing between the two scopes. Our list is the Best 110 of the NGC from the Saguaro Astronomy Club, plus Pluto occults a star Sunday morning, so we're trying that.

It's gonna be a blast, and I'l report back when I wake up.....Tuesday?

:sunny: 8) :)

Good luck mate, your report should make and interesting read!

Why not the marathon?

39C sounds like excellent daytime sleeping weather to me.

Captain Chaos

You sure? Sounds like a nightmare to me!

Ant

Hey Ant. We're not marathoning 'cause we've seen all 100 in a night, got 1st, 2nd, 3rd and the 50+ certificate, not to mention the Messier observing award. We take this as an opportunity to visit a dark site and do some other stuff. Throw in the excitement and commeraderie and it's a great night out, under pristine Arizona skies.

As for temperatures, forecast is currently 35ºC, low around 13ºC for Saturday. We're used to it, and the sky should be spectacular!

Sleep?. I'll sleep when I'm dead. 8) :shock:

Archived