NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SPC900 LXmod yesyes style ;-)

yesyes

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got a spc900,ordered bits and bobs for mod,...now doing research!... i was actually researching logitech 3000 lx mod when i came across the excellent yes yes website and the link to this thread.. this is a fantastic thread,well chuffed i found it. i was thinking of practising the lx and amp mod on the quickcam 3000 before attemting the spc900, the single usb output seems like a great idea, is it feasible to attempt this single usb mod on the quickcam,..should i attempt the yes yes style mod on the spc900 first, probably a good idea, my head is spinning with questions, i'm off to do more research!..quick question coz i cant find the answer, what does the a,b,c mean on the end of transistor code? ie,bc547b or bc547c...

Would like to know what other people have used and what size etc... Anyone?

The ones I used I got from here:

20mm PCB Spacer Hex Stand-Off Pillar, Male-Female, x50 items in AudioWind store on eBay!

I bought quite a lot of the 5mm and 10mm lengths, both male-female and female-female. They come in handy for all sorts of projects.... :D

what does the a,b,c mean on the end of transistor code? ie,bc547b or bc547c...

The a, b and c refer to the hfe (the gain) of the transistor. 'a' is the low gain version, then 'b' and finally 'c' has the highest gain.

For example -

BC547a hfe = 90

BC547b hfe = 150

BC547c hfe = 270

Regards,

Noel

finished my spc900, it was converted with a parallel cable so I tore it down and applied the yesyes magic, works in Sharpcap no problems. Except the USB connector I have dangling out of the bottom seems to be dead:icon_scratch:

post-23749-133877749642_thumb.jpg

Bah Humbug, Had a serious garage fire Saturday Night and lost quite a bit of stuff including my 4 modified LX Cams I had been building. Also astro wise I lost a 4in reflector, 2 Meade 4000 eyepieces and my astro laptop. Loads more stuff gone and burnt including most of my electronic gear, my high power rockertry electronics and several video cams for model use.

Anyway, hope the insurance will cover 99% of everything (finger crossed) and I get the garage rebuilt, new roof and also new work benches and shelves and I can then start again that's if I can locate more SPC's for sale as Morgan is out of stock.

PS, Most of my main astro gear like my 10Dob, EOS350 and eyepiecs were OK as these were in the Obsy down the garden safe.

If anybody knows where I can get any more SPC or even a source for Modded LX cams then I know what prices to put to the insurance claim.

PPS, The cause was a faulty hoover. I had cleaned the garage with the hoover, unplug and put it away in it's cupboard, 5 hours later I happened to look out of my window to see if it was clear night and saw flames out of my garage roof, so darted in with an extinghuisher which did not make any difference so I used the hose pipe whilst chocking on the smoke and then the fire briadge turn up and set about putting it out and I went off for a hospital check. Now have a dirty soggy burnt out mess.

Oh dear :) :) My commiserations. That must have been very upsetting!

Not at the time, I was all hyped up being superman but now a few days later I am going through all the blackened bits trying to name everything, find old reciepts for what has been damaged ready to put on a claim form. It hard work especially when some stuff is 20 years old and is not made anymore so how can you put a cost to that. Today it is getting me down.

Andyfx,

Not sure why you would only want the fan running when in lx mode but perhaps simplist solution woud be a double pole single throw switch with one side connected to camera the other side takeing a 5volt feed from the usb hub to the fan.

Boyd

... perhaps simplist solution woud be a double pole single throw switch with one side connected to camera the other side takeing a 5volt feed from the usb hub to the fan.

Boyd

Came here to say exactly that.... :(

Well, it certainly can't be wrong to cool the camera all the time if you don't mind the fan running (and making a bit of noise). But I would agree that it is more important in LX mode when the sensor gets warmer due to longer exposure times.

Archived