Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Caling HARTLEPOOL observers

Hi guys,

I've been going through the forum looking for members who live in/around the area of HARTLEPOOL.

Noticed there's quite a few. Anyone fancy a get together. I know that the skies have been terrible now for the last 3 weeks, but, if we could maybe organise a meeting, and get things organised for a viewing session for the darker nights.

I use my garden for planets, but the seafront for the DSO's.

Hopefully this new thread will start an interest and get Hartlepool on the SGL map (so to speak). Beginners or advanced, more the merrier.

Eddie H

• 2 weeks later...

It's possible :) I'm from newton aycliffe eddie.I've been to the wynyard planetarium a few times for observing and have attended the dalby starfest the last few years. (Booked up again this year)

Peter

Excellent.

Yep looking North to south east its ink black. Towards the south we have teeside industry. I travel to the moors quite often.

I'm on my hollies, from 24th July-6th August. I'm home for two weeks, and return to work for 3 months from 20th August.

It'd be great to get an obs session sorted, once this weather moves on.

Fingers crossed, Eddie

Guys,

I'm also up for a trip to NAycliffe. If there's two there, silly dragging both here.

A fantastic site I use is the top of Birk's Brow. The lorry park there. INK black. On the A 171 just past Guisborough. The country side other side of the A1, Barnard Castle way should be OK also?

I've been to a few meetings at Wynyard Planetarium, and once in 2009 to Dalby. I'm always away when these events are on. Same this year, away to sea on the 20th Aug. I'm up for a meeting any time this week, or from 7th - 18th Aug.

Just PM, txt or call.

Ed

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived