Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Am I going Mad ????

beamish

Looks 50/50 to me. Given the increase in resolution of the C9.25 but the higher contrast of the 715 I don't see the point in changing. The Intes is a real cracker. Plus the C9.25 is borderline on a HEQ5.

If you have cash burning a hole in your pocket I'd suggest putting the 715 on an EQ6 Pro :)

However, I am a big fan of the C9.25, it is a bit special, and can highly recommend them.

Actually there's a point to be made here and that is on the face of it a 9.25 vs a 7" would be a no brainer, but, once you take into account the respective sizes of the CO's the actual gain in surface mirror area is only 22% and not the face value of 72.25%. Add to that the fact that my intes is very darn close to a 1/9th wv mirror with a strehl of 0.97 and you can begin to see why I am loathed to lose such a wonderful instrument on a "chance " that the 9.25 may work better for me.

Anyway whatever happens in the future I think I'm going to have to purchase a scope outright and run them side by side for a while to see if the Intes would be better staying or going.

If I am going to make a move it'll need to be to a C11 I reckon and skip the 9.25- but then I'll probably want to upgrade to an EQ6 or similar.......and so the saga continues....:D

If I am going to make a move it'll need to be to a C11 I reckon and skip the 9.25- but then I'll probably want to upgrade to an EQ6 or similar.......and so the saga continues....:D

I think that answers your question mate. A C9.25 isn't going to give you the jump you want but the 11 would. Besides, you need to keep that 715D until I'm in a position to buy it! :p.

Tony..

I still *think* the 9 will work better planetary. But as you know I am on the mooch for a 9 myself so my talk is cheap!

Really, need a loaner or get to a star party and run your camera in a 9. There's no other way you can satisfy your (our?) curiosity :-)

:p

aw c'mon Tony shoot anything !! The Moon tonight thru a beer mug , anything !!!!

:D I'm not seeing the Moon for a while at this time of year. one of the problems with a north facing garden!

Tony..

right now I just itching to get out and put my eye then a cam to the scope, so far each time I've made the effort to get up about 2:30/ 3 am I've been greeted with the white stuff :D

Today was another example tho it's very clear now grrrrrr

As a possible eventual choice, I like the way "Russki" (Intes, STF!) scopes specify optical performance as hard numbers. Otherwise, one has to become a "CN-connoisseur" type. Cool, indeed, but I was never sure who got the (subjectively) "sub-standard" Celestrons, at (BIG) star party "shoot outs"... as free(?) appraisal scopes... nevermind the sundry wheeler dealings. :p

Part serious, but I think lesser mortals can be forgiven for thinking choices ain't easy. :D

Archived