Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

attaching a finder to a small scope

i have just bought WO 66 ZS but it seems a bit on the small side to have a bulky telrad or a finder on is there anything that i can attach to it idealy magnetic i managed just to do 2 star aling last night but if i had a finder would be much eaiser.

Hi Melibum,

I had the same problem with my Megrez and I used a low power eyepiece 40mm. I also bought a stick on finder for a while, but it had to come off when I put mounting rings on it.

WO used to make a finder for their scopes but not sure if they still do.

Carole

the other possible option (if it has the usual style of rebranded Synta type focuser) is to take the small grub screw out and fit a standard cheap shoe. this way you could add a small RACI or straight finder (or even a small RDF) no problem

see here for the method How to Attach a Finder to your Crayford Focuser

I found it was not needed to re-drill the shoe and I used a piece of double sided foam tape for the other side but this was possibly overkill.

Archived