Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kielder next week

What is the address of the campsite? I asked for Lat/Long for my GPS but take it nobody knows what it is. When I look about the net I seem to find a couple of sites at Kielder and I dont know which one. :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me Kielder is just as much about the meeting of other folk as it is actual stargazing.

So in saying that i will be going come hell or high water......

sounds good. So far I haven't met a single person that is actually knowledgeable and enthusiastic about astronomy! That needs to change.

ANdrew

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it now. My missus is ill and cant cope with the kids on her own. Hopefully I'll see you all at the next one :) Was lookin forward to it too.

btw I really hope Metcheck is wrong for you all :)

Cheers

Paul

I too won't be able to go as my wife needs me to look after our kids while she goes into hospital (last minute but should be routine). I'm a bit gutted though as this was to be my first star party and I was looking forward to meeting some of you. There are two positives to come out of this though, 1) I don't have to drive from Somerset and 2) I should be able to get permission to go to the SGL party in May :).

I too am praying that Metcheck is wrong!!

.... and now I'm allowed to reveal why my wife went into hospital. She's 12 weeks pregnant! Whilst overjoyed at baby number 2 coming along :D:) I note with horror that the due date is in late September so its unlikely I'll be allowed to either Kielder or Kelling Heath this autumn.. :)

Congratulations Maccers,

If I were you I'd be thinking more along the lines of "no star parties for the next couple of years" hehe

We have 2 teenage girls and a 18 month old toddler. (Who has just shouted "MORE" when Postman Pat finished lol). The teenagers are more of a handfull though :)

Keilder forecast seems to be even worse today :) Rain wind and loads of snow gah!

All the best to you and your family Maccers :D

Paul

Congratulations Maccers,

If I were you I'd be thinking more along the lines of "no star parties for the next couple of years" hehe

Keilder forecast seems to be even worse today :) Rain wind and loads of snow gah!

Paul

Thanks Paul & Andrew for your congratulations. No star parties for a couple of years?? :) We'll see. I hope your missus is recovered/recovering!

I've watched the forecasts for Kielder and so far there's been no sign of clear skies although it looked like Thursday night was clear. Hopefully we'll hear from anyone who went early and may have had some clear skies. I've still got permisssion to go to Kelling Heath in April - hopefully the weather will be better there.

Congratulations :)

I came back from Kielder yesterday afternoon. The weather was just too bad, the wind and rain were just making it impossible to stay. Dont know if anybody else left early as I think they were all still at the Castle when we packed up.

Once again it was dark when I arrived (pitching tents in darkness is not a fun experience) so I never got to put any names to faces. I believe everybody was in the Anglers Arms but we had an 11year old with us so had to stay in the lounge, the Wylan Rocket ale was however very good :)

Archived