Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

From The Earth To The Moon

Greg

The Moon Landings from conception to fruition. As a historical record, good to have your own. As an alternative, you may be able to hire it from your local library. But it may be a VHS version.

I went to my local library a quite a few years ago, to borrow videos of Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo missions.

They said I was welcome to borrow them, but could I give them a week to get them out of the Archives. I know they need space for newer material, but how sad, that such a fascinating time in the development of space science, and hardware plus the brave souls who made it all happen, are already confined to dark cupboards. I could weep. I interrupted a holiday with my wife and kids to watch the live Apollo11 landing.

They stayed on holiday mind you. I went back after the event.

Ron. :)

I've just got, but havn't got around to watching, 'Nasa 50 years od Space Exploration', 5 DVDs I think. It seems to have lot of original footage, so some of the quality isn't best but theres no way round that really.

Hi there, you'll love em there fantastic !, all true stories wonderfully acted and filmed, thrilling to watch (even the wife liked em ! :)), the one about apollo 12 is great fun, and the one about the development of the eagle lander is quite thought provoking.

Alan

These were shown on UK TV a few years ago at the rather bizarrely chosen Saturday lunch time spot?!!!

If UR interested in the appollo missions you'll learn a lot from them and I would watch them all again if somebody lent me the series on DVD. Go for it - American TV at its best IMHO.

I have a 5 DVD set called "NASA" it is the whole history of the space programme from the first unmanned rockets right up to the mars robots and beyond. I got it in HMV a couple of years ago and it is a seriously good and very watchable programme. Is a lot of it though.

thats the one gaz, I got hooked on the NASA stuff after visiting the kennedy space center a few moons ago, they said that they were going to take the tour through a door and what we would see would be big, well it was, it was a saturn 5 rocket and standing under one of the engine exhausts was just something else. Plus I got to sit in the cockpit of a space shuttle (albeit) a big plastic replica.

Archived