New scope ordered

well finally i have ordered my scope. i have ordered a SW130P with a 2x barlow lens. as i am a complete beginner i have gone for this scope to start with. Now have to wait for the box to arrive lol

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was going to spend double on a scope but being a beginner i thought i would start simple and make sure i enjoy it before i spent upwards of £300plus on a scope etc. hopefully should get some good views but depends on whether this endless cloud will clear

Hi,

That's a great choice, a lot of members of this forum have/had that scope.

Enjoy your new toy when it arrives and let us know how you get on.

All the best.

PS. You will have to wait for those pesky clouds to clear off :)

Great chioce:)

It was my first choice of scope when I first started out.

You will not be disappointed.......

Still use mine from time to time.

It is easier to put in my car with suitcases when visiting the in-laws in Cornwall.(Dark skies):)

Wayne

part of the reason for getting it was its portability aswell so fingers crossed it will be ok

Portability is a big bonus, you can never under estimate the importance of dark skies in this hobby, If you can put the scope in the car and head off to the national parks it makes so much difference!

got to say, brill service from flo. was emailed by james to say that the sw130p is out of stock until august and was then offered a different product. i have now ordered the 130m and it should arrive on monday so no doubt there will be loads of clouds etc

Well,the scope arrived today and full of excitement I opened the boxes and found that the tube had a big dent in it so it has gone straight back in the box. Email sent to flo asking what to do,now don't know what to do as the 130 is out of stock until at least august,frustrated is one word I could use

bit of an update. have now re-ordered a scope and have gone for the non motorised version of the skywatcher 130. have to again say, first class service from flo and in particular james. would like to say thankyou publicly to them. i could have got the actual scope i wanted from a different company but due to the service received from flo i felt that i didnt want to go elsewhere. fingers crossed that the scope arrives ok and have some clear skies later in the week

• 2 weeks later...

Well the scope arrived and after the cloud cleared I have finally managed to get out and have a look.

My first target was Saturn and this was easily found using the 25mm eyepiece and yes what a sight,amazing the first time you see it with your own eyes. I popped in the 2x Barlow and managed to get a better view along with at least one moon.

Hopefully will start finding some other objects now to look at although will keep revisiting Saturn

A question about eyepieces now. I have the supplied 10mm,25mm and 2xbarlow. What other eyepieces should I consider

• 1 month later...

Archived