Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunar eclipse!

g0ibi

After driving 15 miles to the edge of the Fens in Lincolnshire, I was rewarded with a 1 minute view of a blood red moon before the clouds rolled in!! not a happy bunny!, didn't have time to attach camera before it disappeared, typical UK weather..

After driving 15 miles to the edge of the Fens in Lincolnshire, I was rewarded with a 1 minute view of a blood red moon before the clouds rolled in!! not a happy bunny!, didn't have time to attach camera before it disappeared, typical UK weather..

g0ibi :) I think that you were lucky also to have witnessed even 1 minute. It was inevitably cloudy here.. :)

Unfortunately there was far too much cloud here. I'm a bit gutted really as watching the bbc news they showed a lovely red moon. I was pleased to see how many people were excited about it all over the world though. It looked like everyone had a deep down amazement with astronomy.

Typically it was clearing everywhere in the sky, except fot a nice thick blanket of cloud which remained over the south :)

It did clear about 45 mins after it had all finished though, so I did get to see a very normal looking moon!

Bring on December!

Archived