Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 obsession

paulobao

Hello,

This cluster just got me crazy (I think there's no smiley for this!).

I spend all day trying to reprocess from scratch my M13 fits. I used a completely new approach (I made a virtual HDR with the Lum files after a deconvolving a Median L and using constructing 15 DDP files!).

This time I went a little bit wider (you may see that small galaxy at the bottom left corner) since I managed to use a MasterFlat capable of solving my black corner problem!

Here the data again:

C9.25 + FR + QSI532WS-M1 @ -15ºC

Baader LRGB filters

LRGB (36:36:36:36) all at bin 1x1

All images reduced to about 45% the original full size.

M13 - Luminance (virtual HDR)

m13hdrlapsgaussianblurj.jpg

M13 - LRGB - v1

lrgbcomhdrlcrop2jmistir.jpg

M13 - LRGB - v2

m13llrgbps3cropunsharp1.jpg

And that's all (I think, since tomorrow is a working day).

Regards,

paulo waiting for better nights

Great pictures, even the first black and white image looks really nice. Do you perhaps know what is the tiny galaxy in the lower left corner called? There is another recent topic in the forum by steve2310 with M13 trying to identify that object.

Thanks for seeing it and for the comments.

That tiny mag 16,1 gx is PGC2085077. But not to be confused with Steve's image since it is not the same gx! (because Steve's image is much wider). Steve have the large gx at the bottom left corner which is indeed mag 11.9 gx NGC 6207 (PGC 58827) and if you look carefully you wil find too the little PGC2085077 , very faint and in a much upper position although still in the left part of the image .

Here Steve's image (inverted one):

m13cs3invert.jpg

Regards,

paulo

Yes, a fine M13 Paulo. Great handling of the dynamic range.

One thng that I think improved mine was a colour select on the reds seen in the sprinkling of red stars and a lift in saturation just to bring them out a bit more.

I like the way you haven't oversharpened it as many do, myself included!

Olly

Thanks Olly,

Yes I Know I can improve it in that respect (saturation and some selective color adjustement). The image I have at the PS window though, is more vivid with "better color". After the upload/download the image arrives allways a tad different!

I have lots of combinations still to make (L + RGB), let's see if I have time to do it.

Too tired yestarday after too many hours at the screen!

Regards,

paulo

• 9 months later...

Archived