Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

LIDL BINS - NOT the usual 10x50's

wackyscot

Look like Porro prisms... I think.... not always the best for astro work, very difficult to make consistently well.

Sorry to have to contradict, but:

* It looks nothing like a Porro prim binocular, and is most likely a Pechan roof prism binocular.

* Porro prism binoculars are easily the best value for money for astro work with small (<=80mm) binoculars.

* They are the easiest of prismatic binoculars to make consistently well -- and , as important , to maintain.

Sorry to have to contradict, but:

* It looks nothing like a Porro prim binocular, and is most likely a Pechan roof prism binocular.

* Porro prism binoculars are easily the best value for money for astro work with small (<=80mm) binoculars.

* They are the easiest of prismatic binoculars to make consistently well -- and , as important , to maintain.

You are of course correct, got my porro and roof mixed up.... corrected my post.

Archived