Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sunspot 944

Greg

Too much jelly

Noooooo :shock:

Andrew,

To get the detail out it was processed in PS using levels and curves and a little unsharp mask. The pink tinge came from the initial processing stage in RAW format..

Some times you can pick out some granulation when you adjust the levels and curves...

The second pic mottling is granulation

Yes Ian,

Interesting thing is that you're not supposed to be able to see it with Baader solar film...I may be wrong mind.

Yes steve,

I noticed that, I have processed it to bring it out. The pics gone off to my tutor my theory is that it's a couple of plages??

Again supposidly not visible in whit light.

Greg

Plages and granulation are very much visible in white light. They're just very subtle and take practice to see. The more you look, the more you see! I tend to get better views of plages with a Baader filter and when they're located near the limb, since the limb darkening increases the contrast. You can see them around sunspots, too, but patience is a must.

Archived