NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tamworth - strange but true.

Kaptain Klevtsov

After some kind chap decided he wanted my satnav and I needed a lot more ventilation in the van, I had to go shopping for a new window. After checking out yell.com I found a place in Tamworth, on the way home, that had the required glass.

The strange bit? The industrial park that we ended up in appeared to have a space theme to all the road names. Arianne, Gagarin, etc.

Quite cheered me up. (the satnav was in the back, so they got nothing BTW)

Captain Chaos

I was born in Eastwood in an area called "The astronaut estate".

The main road is Neil Armstrong Way, my parents road is Young Close. There were others like Aldrin Way, Collins Walk etc etc etc.

Ant

Nothings safe these days is it, bad news that CC, glad they didnt get the sat nav, bring back man traps that will do the trick, or 240v to the chassis. I believe that in South Africe they have flame throwers on the side of the cars, nows theres a thought.

M2

Did you have a cradle on the dash CC. If so, Its a dead givaway, and all the reason these waste of space tow rags need to dismantle a vehicle looking for the good bit that will then be sold for their next fix. I reckon an open prison on Venus is a desirable solution to this problem.

:lol:

Glad they didn't get the satnav CC...

Scary bit now..if you have satnav, please don't put your "Home" into it..ie..When you get it out of the box most satnav's ask to put your home location in to "Get you home"

If it gets nicked with your car or briefcase and stuff the scrotes can hit the "Route to home" Button and find their way to "Your home"..And help themselves..

Waiting for the nice glass man, I said to my assistant (not the sort that magicians get, this one is hairy where he shouldn't be and vice versa) "imagine where we'd be without this technology, no internet to find a glass place, no mobile to call to check that he had the glass and no satnav to find the place". His reply was "we'd be stuffed wouldn't we". I had to explain that we'd be at home, as there'd be no satnav to nick in the first place. :lol:

The cradle was on the windscreen, but the first time it happened the other glass bloke told me that it's not worth removing it as they look for the rings on the glass anyway.

"Home" is deliberately fairly generic and within spitting distance, but not accurate enough for pilferage. Besides my neighbours would lynch the beggar if he turned up in my van. :D

Captain Chaos

Archived