SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NEQ6

space3

I believe the CGEM dovetail is the same profile as the Losmandy...if so then it would fit the dual head ( check, if you're buying new that in fact the dual head is supplied - I didn't get one with my NEQ6pro from FLO last year)

It can hold either the Vixen or Losmandy type dovetail.

I took delivery of a new NEQ6 last week and although I was expecting to find two different heads, a Vixen/Synta type (as per all other Sky-Watcher mounts) and a Losmandy type (which is the the same as the CGEM that you mention), I was delighted to find a single head with compression clamps for both:-

post-13675-133877607592_thumb.jpg

My Celestron Astromaster 130EQ fits fine on my NEQ6 Pro mount as it is. Yes, I too got a long dovetail bar with the mount. The NEQ6 Pro is a fine piece of equipment :)

I have a small observation to make to this having now used the mount. The dual head is great and I much prefer compression to crude clamp bolts but I did notice that there are no guide rods like you get on the ADM bar (in fairness at this price point, you wouldn't expect them!!) so although the clamps work absolutely fine, my perfection tinglies started to tingle when I noticed that the action of tightening the clamps resulted in a tiny twist upwards of the dovetail bar BUT a piece of cardboard slipped underneath resolved this issue to my complete satisfaction as the bolts now pull in the correct line keeping the dovetail flat on the platform runner. Well done Sky-Watcher on a simple but effective upgrade to the original mount.

post-13675-133877608352_thumb.jpg

Archived