NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

LIDL Ironing Stool

Bought one of these new today for the grand sum of £12.99 at my local LIDL.

After unwrapping I could see that the manufactured date was 9 Oct 2007 so It's about 3.5 years old already. It has a few scratches but nothing to really worry about. It comes with a 3 year warranty so keep the receipt ;)

It's comfy to sit/perch on and you can change the seat height in 10 seconds. It is very sturdy and quite fit for my purpose (it'll never see an ironing board though). Totally recommended :eek:

Photos here LIDL Ironing Stool / Observing Chair - a set on Flickr

Thanks for posting the Flickr pics of the current item . The Pic (8 of 8 ) has shows the 'cunning clip ' that enables the quick height changes . I have two earlier versions with different height adjusters that are nothing like as rapid as that clip . Now I need the rod to make the mod !

Neither of my 'Perching stools ' have been used for ironing ( ever ) . They are a great help with avoiding backache when observing.

Thanks for the review. Have always thought about one of these but what put me off was the fiddly adjustment in selecting the right height - this version however makes it nice and easy!

Thanks again.

James

The Lidl ones only seem only to be sold "oop north" ; down here we get a storage tower instead.

However, did find one in South Wales (Merthyr) on eBay -- local pickup only, if any South Welshmen (or women) are interested.

Also looked in the Harlow store last night; this week's offers seem to be tasteful 1980's bedroom furniture, no sign of the chair in the store or the leaflets :eek:

Chris

Plymouth here,

Far too south for this item then! I shall look in Lidls tomorrow and post back if I remember.......

....... :director:or will anyone actually care?

Thanks for the heads-up though :eek:

Next weeks news headlines, - " Due to an unprecedented increase in the sale of ironing equipment, the Government has declared that ironing has now been added to the 2012 Olympics...."

Next weeks news headlines, - " Due to an unprecedented increase in the sale of ironing equipment, the Government has declared that ironing has now been added to the 2012 Olympics...."

"a prospective competitor has been disqualified after a blood test revealed high amounts of starch in the blood..."

I'm sorry, back to the topic. These sound like a very good idea and would help to eliminate back pain and the general discomfort of observing sometimes. At the moment I just use a camping chair.

I'm gona have a look in my nearest store just in case but sound like I'm too far south!

I've aslo been told they do a BBQ cover for £2.99 that makes a good scope cover.

Pete

Archived