Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Some ideas?

Evening all...

I would be grateful if anyone can suggest any interesting things to look at with a 5" Newtonian in the vicinity of Arcturus/Saturn.

I've got Turn Left at Orion, but am still struggling to find stuff. However, I do have a great view of the above stated region from my back garden at the moment.

I'm really struggling to star-hop but hope to get there. I was actually chuffed when I saw the double star in the plough through my eyepiece, even though you can see it with the naked eye. It meant I managed to find something other than Saturn. LOL

Any ideas folks?

Thanks,

Paul

:)

Cheers for that.

I have a 25mm a 6mm and a 2x barlow. Like I point, I'm a proper newbie. Which of do you think the 6 or the 25 with the barlow would be best?

Thanking you muchly in my ignorance.

Paul

Use the 25mm as the "finder", use the barlow with the 25mm to give you 12.5mm and compare the views, then onto the 6mm to see how well the scope focuses with the high eyepiece :)

that is fantastic - thank you so much...

Unfortunately though it's gonna have to wait.

My beautiful pregnant wife has had to go to the emergency doctors...and me, like the idiot i am has had too much to drink and cant drive her...may end in hosp...gonna be long night. I'm such a n$b.

thanks again though..

Paul.

Archived