Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SynScan GOTO accuracy?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Polar alignment is purely mechanical, it doesn't need to be switched on.

Very true, but I need my mount switched on so I can take advantage of the polaris transit time and clock time given by the handset :)

....Guiding/EQMOD already running in background and interfering with setup.

No one using EQMOD would be mucking around with the synscan for mount setup :-)

Actually, given that a synscan would have to be in PC-Direct mode for EQMOD to be "running in the background" this really shouldn't be an issue.

Chris.

I think I'm beginning to understand this - just need a clear night to put it into practice! :) Or at least have another try.

What's this using the handset nonsense?

Rotating the Dec/RA and then adjusting azimuth/altitude to get Polaris in the small circle takes less than 30 seconds. It really is that simple. Don't complicate things...

What's this using the handset nonsense?

Rotating the Dec/RA and then adjusting azimuth/altitude to get Polaris in the small circle takes less than 30 seconds. It really is that simple. Don't complicate things...

The handset merely present a simple way to know when Polaris is when you are setting up, i.e. it gives you the transit and clock time. Providing you RA scale is calibrated then polar alignment is quick. I only use this method as the more 'traditional' method didnt work for me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived