Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telrad

Hi all,

I'm considering getting a telrad as so many people rave about them and it may help with initial location. I don't want to get rid of the 9x50 finder but use both (ie the telrad in the first instance and then the 9x50 finder if needed to pin point). Is it possible to mount both on the OTA or would I have swap them over ?

Thanks

I've got a Baader Sky Surfer V and a Telrad mounted on my SW 200p. The Baader replaced the optical finder - straight swap - and the Telrad is mounted next to it using the sticky fixer pads that came with it.

I have to say that the Telrad is an excellent piece of kit. I've only had one session with it but find it much easrier to use and great for 'hopping' about.

Are the sticky pads strong enough to keep the telrad in place then? especially if the scope is in one of those akward positions ei..looking straight up...also how long do these pads last? only that im interested in one of these also

you can of course drill the OTA and bolt in place but I have never bothered.

I'll go with the stickies too - the thought of me going anywhere near my scope with a drill is scary!

That's definitely sold it for me. Time to get the wallet out again - at least it wont do as much damage as the televue sale did (and I still think maybe I should have bought another nagler).

What! a Telrad heavy:icon_scratch:

It's only a 3/4 empty plastic box with a couple of batteries in.

It weighs next to nothing.

Regards Steve

11 oz as opposed to approx 1 oz for the Rigel. As you wish.:D

Archived