NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ISS

mcro89

You can indeed see satellites without a scope Jim. They look like stars that move slowly across the sky (of course with the scope, they whiz by). I remember spotting them when I was young. I guess that is when my wonder of the night sky began. No,.. I was even younger than this. :)

Isabelle

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now there I have a problem, my eyes like my bones are getting old so fraid I don't see much :), never have done really. Well regarding tonights ISS pass, just been out and had the mount loose and put the camera on continous and just followed it with the 6", wonder how much I got lol.

Jim

Jim,

I have MS and they have always attacked my eyes so I can understand you having trouble seeing the satellites. This being said, may we both continue to see "the real stuff" and may our skies remain clear.

mcro 89, I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for taking up so much room on your post. It did open up a very important lesson for me and for this I want to thank you.

Isabelle

Shine on!

Thats no problem, now you can see ISS on Stellarium it will prove to be a most useful tool for you to spot it in the sky :)

I caught a glimpse of ISS tonight from my bedroom window, will look put again later when it goes past again :eek:

Mcro89

Just caught a handful of shots as it came over Forest Hill at 21.05. Really had to wrestle with the mount to track it! Here's a single shot, taken with a Canon 1000D through a C8.

ISSEasterDay.jpg

Archived