Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wheelbarrow mod for my dob.

Doc

Finally got round to building some wheelbarrow wheels for my dob.

I managed to track down some whilte wheels to match the meade paintwork. They are 13" in diameter and 4" wide.

The axle is a 20mm aluminium bar and the bearings on the wheels were a push fit onto the axle.

r0013193vd3.jpg

I had to remove all the strengthening struts which were held on by at least 20 screws.

r0013197fs9.jpg

r0013201da6.jpg

The brackets are 40mm x 20mm steel box section and remarkably very strong. I positioned this in place and secured

4 G Clamps to hols it all together. The axle was also alligned at this stage. I then markked out the positions of the holes and

removed it all for drilling.

r0013206wz4.jpg

M8 bolts and wingnuts were fitted throughtout. The holes were drilled off centre to allow for the telescopic handles.

Finished article all put back together including slots sawn out of the strngthening struts so brackets would fit flush.

r0013211gk0.jpg

r0013217yw1.jpg

As you can see the handles slide up and down inside the brackets so in essence they are telescopic handles.

r0013214np6.jpg

r0013215ia4.jpg

All that is required now is a coat of black hammerite and laquer to finish it off.

r0013212jj1.jpg

Now I need to make my ramp to enable my scope to traverse the patio door step.

I like it DOC :)

Anybody every thought of "cannibalising" a golf trolley for a powered version ? hmmmm....

Billy...

Hmmm Billy.

Actually I did consider that one as a friend of mine had a spare golf trolley. But I only have to move the scope no more then 15 feet thought it wasn't worth it.

But good idea.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived