Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

31/05 - Vallis Schroteri (inc Aristarchus)

Blazar

HI all,

Not had time to really get out recently, but did get out on the evening of the 31st. It was a bit of a shame Luna was nearly full (not really my favourite time to image), but thought I would get back into the swing of it. I also wanted to try a few things (removing the filter wheel from my lunar imaging equation) and just reverting back to a standard set-up. So the result of this was just using the Edge800, AVX, 120mm-S and and IR pass filter (but still using the moonlite focuser). I went after a famous area. Think its ok, seeing was okish, but may have pushed this one slightly too far.

gallery_27945_3180_1072576.pnggallery_27945_3180_2109736.png

Capture details:

284 frames stacked from 3621 (best 20% I think)

Average frame rate was 69fps on full size (overclocked to maximum)

Gain: 8 / Exposure 10ms

Processed in AS2, RS6, PS and info added.

Edg800HD, AVX, ZWO120mm-s, Baader IR pass filter. 

Thanks for looking

One of my favourite areas for visual and very well captured.

Steve, I've missed your images over the last few weeks and was pleased to see this, you haven't lost your touch mate.

Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks guys.

Alan. appreciate the comments. Been away, and really the weather has been poor.....also just got hold of a Quark, so I am looking at doing some Solar images as well. Was quite nice this evening sitting out the front imaging with a cold beer...makes a change from having a heavy coat, hoodie and begging for hot tea!

Love all your work Blazar, and that of the lunar massive (astroavani springs to mind) who post similar gems. Collect all these posts together and it would make a helluva good book! My lunar-observing education continues...My thanks :)

Archived