Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eta Carina nebula

RCompassi

Eta Carina on Pixinsight.

What a hassle! I had to follow a tutorial for almost 2 hours to learn to work in this program, but the result is simply fantastic!

I finished modding my previously analog controled mount to a PICgoto++ controller, enabling guiding (only in RA now).

There was a nearly full moon in the sky, but using a UHC filter, I managed to get some nice details, I think.

GSO 12" F/5
Canon EOS Rebel Xs (modded)
Equatorial by Darío Pires and PICgoto++
Baader UHC-S filter
20x90" ISO1600
Full Res: http://www.astrobin.com/full/183779/B/

post-35408-0-29110600-1433134645_thumb.j

Great effort, Compassi. PI is very difficult to use. You must learn it very well to get good results.

About the image:
1) you will need coma corrector. The GSO-coma corrector isn't expensive but you must pay attention with the limit of distance between it and the sensor. Minimum: 65 mm - Maximum: 85 mm - ideal distance 75 mm.

2) the final processing is a little red

3) it seems that you used with high intensity the noise filter. Some details of key hole were lost with it.

note: before use of noise filters, try to do a little sharp on the border of each detail of nebula. Use mask to select the region. After the noise filter the result will be more natural.

Thanks, jsmoraes!

1) My CC is on it's way, I should get it in a week or so.

2) The UHC filter give me some weird colors, but in the next image, i'll try to keep that in mind!

3) still learning how to do it, ehehhe.

THanks for the tips!

Some UHC is a Halfa + O III type of filter.  Your UHC-S Baader is similar with more iR.

emission lines of hydrogen (H-a, 656 nm), oxygen (OIII, 501 nm), sulfur (SII, 672nm)

graphuhc-s608404.gif

My UHC filter, similar, although with less acceptance of IR cause some excess of noise (Halfa region). I use it as complement to add color on Skyglow filter captured images during graphic process. Only it and not modified Canon isn't a good choice. As your Canon is modified maybe it is catching much information from I R spectrum with Baader filter.

note: the noise has appearance of many small white dots, as they  were small stars. The difference from stars is that the brightness is the same for all dots.

We have the same telescope. It has more than good resolution. These noises will appear with some intensity.

I don"t know why I have many those noise, but with my H alfa filter it is worse. Because this I say that the noise is around H alfa spectrum.

Eta Carina on Pixinsight.

What a hassle! I had to follow a tutorial for almost 2 hours to learn to work in this program, but the result is simply fantastic!

I finished modding my previously analog controled mount to a PICgoto++ controller, enabling guiding (only in RA now).

There was a nearly full moon in the sky, but using a UHC filter, I managed to get some nice details, I think.

GSO 12" F/5

Canon EOS Rebel Xs (modded)

Equatorial by Darío Pires and PICgoto++

Baader UHC-S filter

20x90" ISO1600

Full Res: http://www.astrobin.com/full/183779/B/

attachicon.gifEta cor2.jpg

great shot, i also captured eta carina nebula but couldn't extract much detail from it :(.

congrats,

frank

Archived