SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

International Space Station - 30th May 2015

Another shot of the ISS as it passed over London on May 30th 2015. I think this is a slightly better shot than the one I posted a couple of days ago. This time the shutter speed was increased to 1/1250 second and the final image tweaked slightly in Photoshop. The method of capture was exactly the same as before with one person to drive the scope using the spotter scope and the other to rapid fire the camera at the right time.

post-33955-0-50974200-1432986766_thumb.j

Very nice how did you focus on it?

The focus was set in advance by finding a star and using a Bahtinov Mask to get it as sharp as possible (as I do on all astro work). When the ISS flew over I was confident it would be in focus although the shots of it as it approached and as it receded show it small and fuzzy...the best shots were those taken when it was directly overhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a great shot!.

Just a thought - do you think it would be possible to capture in video? I guess it would have to be crop mode... so the guy on the spotter would probably need to be on some class A medication.

Thats a great shot!.

Just a thought - do you think it would be possible to capture in video? I guess it would have to be crop mode... so the guy on the spotter would probably need to be on some class A medication.

We have tried doing it with video (using my ZWOASI120 MC camera) but keeping the ISS in frame is almost impossible and on the odd frame where it did appear it was just a blurry streak despite shooting at the fastest possible frame rate. Using the DSLR has yielded the best results so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived