Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Hurricane Eye!

astroavani

Various processes of the same catch.
Cassini Division and set to a C ring is showing very lightly. Loved the planets were also well highlighted but what really caught my attention was the polar hexagon. I may be wrong but I think for the first time managed to capture the black eye polar hurricane.
1340frames stacked in AS! 2
Processing in Registax 6, Photofiltre, Irfan and Fitswork
http://www.astrobin.com/full/161733/0/

6b5aeeb925101a4fcc1caeaf4c4d7ea3.1824x0_

An excellent series Avani, some fine surface detail and nice definition of the rings. Saturn is extremely obliging at this angle, but sadly not from UK!

Will check out the eye from my desktop later!

Actually are different processes of the same photo! An inappropriate camera was used to make the picture, ie a Qhy Color 5L and not mono. It was only captured in IR 685 nm. I did some color shots but have not finished processing.
I appreciate the comments!

Actually are different processes of the same photo! An inappropriate camera was used to make the picture, ie a Qhy Color 5L and not mono. It was only captured in IR 685 nm. I did some color shots but have not finished processing.

I appreciate the comments!

I'm stunned you managed to get so much detail using the OSC and IR-Pass filter!

Archived