Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY8L extended manual temp 100.1

ianaiken

Hi,

Does anyone have the extended qhy8l manual by Thomas Fowler they could make available for me? Qhyccd.com appears to have been hacked amd now their whole site is gone.

My qhy8l seems broke it won't cool down. Temp reports as 100.1C and power is not reported. All lights come on the tec (except the tec on which I assume is because it's not on). I've tried different computer and usb cable and still the same. I did a test image and it has a very large matrix which doesn't look like a Bayer matrix. Hoping it's the tec or.something and not the camera.

Hi Ian,

Check the pin connections on the power lead from the DC201 tec box to the camera, make sure non are bent or damaged. 

Ensure you have the suppressor end of the power lead connected to the DC201 tec box. 

If the power lead is damaged it's only an s video lead which is easy to replace.

If it's not the power lead It's probably the DC201 unit. You can get a replacement from Bern at Modern Astronomy.

I don't think it's the camera.

I've had similar issues and it's been 12v power issues to the DC201 unit or the power cable from the DC201 to the CCamera.

Hope you get it sorted soon. BTW love your website...

cheers

Steve

Steve,

Cheers for the reply it sounds promising its getting me all chewed lol

.I'll check these things out tonight and I may try a different cable as you suggest. I've sent a message to Bern but it's the hols the man needs a break too so might not get anything sorted for a short while

Thanks for the feedback on my site I hope to get some posts on there during the hols of more of my lunary and dso imaging it's been a while.

Cheers for that info.  I've tons of cables but surprisingly not an S Video so I wasn't able to test it anyway.  On the existing cable all the pins look fine so I will have to wait for Bern to respond.  I know this issue has been discussed on the qhyccd forums but they are gone for the moment.  From what I can make out in the few lines from Google search results it may have been resolved without any replacement hardware.... but hard to say until I can read the complete threads.

Hi

You have to be careful about plugging everything in the right order. Might be a good idea to switch everything off and start from scratch though I'm sure you must have tried that. Which capture program are you using? I use APT but can cross check with EZcap.

Hope you can get it sorted

Louise

Edit: this might be relevant if you're using Nebulosity http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/211098-qhy8l-with-nebulosity-corrupt-image/?hl=qhy8l+problem#entry2253803

Archived