Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Will the real winter Albireo stand up !

Good call. If the skies permit then I am thinking about a pre-dawn session on the 14th Nov to view the last quarter Moon and Jupiter (they will be c7deg apart) and with iota Cancri about 15deg away it will part a nice additional target for the session, in the same part of the sky.

• 4 weeks later...

Really pleased I managed to find iota cancri tonight , between fast moving cloud the moon and lp it was looking a bit grim for a while.

Couldnt really see it directly so had to use castor and pollux and the moon and jupiter with stellarium to find it.

Well worth the wait lovely orange and blue colours (very christmassy) showing best at low power , torn between the ES 24MM or the BCO 18MM for my favourite view of it.

Tried for a few of Nicks (Cotterless) perseus doubles but sky was too washed out , something to look forward to another night when the moons out of the way  :smiley:

• 2 weeks later...

Been away at work so haven't done any observing for what seems like ages now.

When I got back, had a quick spell in hospital and now home but recovering so can't really spend any time outside with the scope.

Looking forward to getting out after Christmas and catching up on some of the doubles, especially 145CMa, which I just love.

Noticed quite a few viewing lists on the forum, so at some point will have to catch up on these.

So far, its been a poor year for viewing for me, so hopefully that will change. Looking forward to some clear nights.

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year

Martin

Been away at work so haven't done any observing for what seems like ages now.

When I got back, had a quick spell in hospital and now home but recovering so can't really spend any time outside with the scope.

Looking forward to getting out after Christmas and catching up on some of the doubles, especially 145CMa, which I just love.

Noticed quite a few viewing lists on the forum, so at some point will have to catch up on these.

So far, its been a poor year for viewing for me, so hopefully that will change. Looking forward to some clear nights.

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year

Martin

Hello Martin good to see you . Its been so long on this end for telescoping I think I forget how to run everything. Hope your feeling better and on the mend . And wishing you and all in here happy and healthy holidays .

mike h

Archived