Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQMod Update

Tinker1947

Anyone know what's new in this update????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Compared with the previous general release (V124g) the major new functions are autopec and custom tracking using ephemeris data (I think! - its been quite a while and a lot of test releases habe been made since V1.24).

Of the bug fixes the most noteable is a fix for multi-monitor support.

Full change notes are in included in the download and accessible off the start button.

Chris.

Wait, I'm confused... Don't you mean EQASCOM_V127m?

EQASCOM_V127l has been available since November last year.

V1.27l has been available for EQMOD group members as a test release but not available as a public release via sourceforge (the vast majority of those downloading EQMOD take it form there).

I recently promoted V1.27l to t a full release and issued V1.27m as a test release following a feature request from an EQMOD member.

Chris.

Can you confirm if this issue still has the count down timer to park that you put into a previous release when I asked? I use this absolutely every night, so can't update unless it's still there!

There's no reason I would knowingly take any features out so I would assume its still in there. There really is nothing stopping you updating - if you don't get on with a new release for some reason you can always reinstall the older one.

Chris.

Chris, I think that I've said it before, but its worth saying again. You and the other developers of this application suite deserve a she load of praise. EQMOD compatability was a massive driver for me when I bought my EQ8. Its such a powerful piece of software. The mount manafacturers should recognise the importance of EQMOD.

There's no reason I would knowingly take any features out so I would assume its still in there. There really is nothing stopping you updating - if you don't get on with a new release for some reason you can always reinstall the older one.

Chris.

Hi Chris, It's not in the screen grab shown to go with the latest release http://sourceforge.net/projects/eq-mod/?source=navbar - Can you confirm whether it's there? If it's not then I won't upgrade. Would save me installing, and then trying to reinstall the older version.

Hi Chris, It's not in the screen grab shown to go with the latest release http://sourceforge.net/projects/eq-mod/?source=navbar - Can you confirm whether it's there? If it's not then I won't upgrade. Would save me installing, and then trying to reinstall the older version.

Screen grabs on sourceforge are just a but of window dressing and not specific to a particular release. As I said, I didn't knowingly remove it but if you want a definitive and immediate answer I would suggest you install it and take a look. Re-installing an old version is as simple as running the install exe - all existing settings are preserved over installs/uninstalls.

Chris.

The mount manafacturers should recognise the importance of EQMOD.

I'm sure they do, its just not something they feel the need to acknowledge. Personally I'm surprised that after over seven years of EQMOD synta/skywatcher haven't moved on to better things themselves and it may be that the popularity of EQMOD is actually holding them back from developing/advancing their own driver / handset solutions.

Chris.

I'm sure they do, its just not something they feel the need to acknowledge. Personally I'm surprised that after over seven years of EQMOD synta/skywatcher haven't moved on to better things themselves and it may be that the popularity of EQMOD is actually holding them back from developing/advancing their own driver / handset solutions.

Chris.

I personally can't see skywatcher bothering to create something like eqmod when eqmod already does a fantastic job of controlling and syncing with everything . I personally hope eqmod continues to gain in popularity and features and that skywatcher keeps it pennies that could be used to create a pc based control system to put towards keeping there products up to date and prices within the grasp of us mere mortals :)

I personally can't see skywatcher bothering to create something like eqmod when eqmod already does a fantastic job of controlling and syncing with everything . I personally hope eqmod continues to gain in popularity and features and that skywatcher keeps it pennies that could be used to create a pc based control system to put towards keeping there products up to date and prices within the grasp of us mere mortals :)

I know of many people who opted for the EQ6/EQ8 over equivalent mounts almost solely because of EQMOD.

Personally I'm surprised that after over seven years of EQMOD synta/skywatcher haven't moved on to better things themselves and it may be that the popularity of EQMOD is actually holding them back from developing/advancing their own driver / handset solutions.

Chris.

I hope you're ashamed of yourself.

Can you confirm if this issue still has the count down timer to park that you put into a previous release when I asked? I use this absolutely every night, so can't update unless it's still there!

The countdown timer is included with v1.27m.

EQASCOM_1_27m.jpg

Of the bug fixes the most noteable is a fix for multi-monitor support.

Thus v1.27l....is a requirement when using multiple monitors.

Nearly lost my 4 remaining follicles before Chris pointed me to this version of the GREAT EQMOD software.

Works like a charm when playing in the office with 3 screens connected.

Cheers,

Richard

• 1 year later...

Two Answers:

1. To automatically park after a given interval - some folks want their mounts to return to a known position after compleing an utomated imaging run.

2. All settings are preserved when  you upgrade EQMOD - even if you "windows unintstall" your settings are not actually removed so will be there next time you install.

Archived