NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cygnus mosaic

martin_h

Martin,

That is fantastic ! once the weather and work allow it I will try the same area with my ZS71 and Atik460. How many panels now ? how many subs at what exposure ?

GG

27 panels at 4 x 15 mins per

Howdy Pard!

Looks like I have to go south. Nice things looping around the nether regions of the Crescent. I'm happy to send you data if you fancy.

These structures are gargantuan. WHat a voyage of discovery.

Olly

Wonderful! :) I think I'll go wide on this area of sky tonight if conditions permit - or wider depending on how I get on setting up the kit again :D

Lovely job Martin. I have some questions, I do widefield mosaics myself and I was wondering about the fan shape you have with your panels. I tend to get the similar effect. Is it down to a slighty incorrect polar alignment each night that gives a rotation on the panel stitching. I also have some overlap registration problems such as stretched stars, and stars that just don't line up on one side. The more panels I add the worse it gets. Or is it something to do with a variation of a 3D sky getting mapped to a 2D image. I say 3D sky as the constellations seem to bigger lower down near the horizon, when I shoot the lower frames, then they appear bigger as they rise up. Are we imaging curved space at all, or am I totally wrong with this thought. Tom

Archived