NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ALERT, possible Jupiter impact!

Luis Campos

wow. I get flashes from time to time. But its always pixel flashes. Thats some explosion right there. It looks massive. the vid didnt run for me. but the still looks BIGGGG.

oh no. im out of computer space. with a backlog of data. now ive got to find a way to get out there. Thanks for the heads up Luis

Hi,

Yep, huge blast there!

Yeah Neil, I know what you mean about those flashes, sometimes I also wonder and then come to the conclusion that they are pixel related :)

I'm also out of disc space...and I dont have an external HD!!! AArrrghhhh....now I bought some DVD's and transfered a lot of data to them, like 30 gb or so :)

Lets see what the next few days will show, maybe some dark material on the bands.

Cheers,

I have processed an RGB image from my captures and can't see anything interesting to my eye. Seeing wasn't bad but high cloud reduced the quality and the brightness of the capture varied a lot. Not my best Jupiter ever but I wanted to try and see if anything was visible. Thick cloud cut the session off.

Stewart

post-25377-0-37030600-1347444293_thumb.j

my advantage is I don't understand all the science stuff and what could it be or if, if,if........I just look at the film and think what today in manipulationall(spelling) possible is....imo looks like two diferent films spliced together or that someone kinda erased a little color to make it look like impact or lightning...hope this gets cleared up soon.....

I think it is genuine. Do not forget that the atmosphere is extremely turbulent in that particular region of Jupiter's surface. There are extrememly high shear forces just south of the NEB, where the thing landed. Any material left from the impact may have been mixed in with the rest by strong currents very very quickly. I saw a few of the impact scars of Shoemaker-Levy 9, and they landed much further away from the equator, where there is less turbulence. They survived much longer (several rotations). However, they were scars from much larger events than this one.

Archived