NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Scopes n' Skies / Pulsar / Astro Engineering

Teal Rain

Morning all

Just a quick question.

Any one purchased from these guys recently?

Ordered a Herschel prism a week ago (as a stock item) and can't even get a response to when I might receive it - by phone or be email.

Maybe I should have spent the extra and bought a Lunt from TS instead!

Cheers

Mark

I always drive up to their store where you do get great service. However, they have a bad reputation for the mail order side of their business, especially the accuracy of the stock levels on their website and answering the phone.

Cheers,

Chris

I always phone to check stock first before ordering from them. The "in stock" indication on the website doesn't mean anything :( or at least that's been my experience. I've also been unable to get a response from them by phone or email on several occasions.

I've also had great service from them at other times and they've been very helpful but it's this inconsistency that can be frustrating as they do have some items that are hard to get elsewhere. :)

John

Mark, you should really have just driven up the A10 and paid them a visit, They are about 10 miles away from the Milton A14 junction. As said they are "inconsistant" in their mail order service.

They are however pretty good if you go to the place.

I always phone to check stock first before ordering from them. The "in stock" indication on the website doesn't mean anything :) or at least that's been my experience.

I've found that ringing them up doesn't necessarily mean anything either. I've rang a few times to be told, rather quickly, that something is in stock only to find out a week later (when it still hasn't arrived) that it wasn't in stock and will be there within the next week.

Generally speaking I've not had any problems with them though, most things I've ordered have arrived when they said. It's just the odd thing.

I have had both good and poor service from them too. A couple of eyepieces and adaptors were shipped in record time, no problems and good prices, but I also had a long wait for a pair of binoculars that for about 6 weeks 'arrived today and will be shipped tomorrow'.

Archived