Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First test with "Dobzilla" in deep sky

Luis Campos

Hi all,

Last Sunday I've made a first run with the 300 mm GSO DOB/newt on the EQ6 to find out if it could really do some deep sky work, although the wind was crazy this night and spoiled most of the frames I still managed to get only 4 frames of 6 min. @ 400 ISO with the modded 350D, of these four one one was sharp...the rest was a blurry mess due to tehe wind, but inspite of this afther some image processing in IRIS and Photoshop CS5 it came out prety decent as a first test i think :) The moon was also allmost at first quarter so things were not good at all for this type of work....I cant wait to get a perfect night to take this really, really deep :p

Cheers,

post-25681-133877564181_thumb.jpg

post-25681-133877564187_thumb.jpg

Was that a single image?

And there looks a proud man :)

Hi Roger,

That's a sum of only 4x6 min. @ 400 ISO, but only one of these 4 frames is sharp, the rest are rubish :p

I'll be waiting anxiously for a night with perfect conditions to make a true test to this setup...and yes I'm proud of my "baby" :p:D:D

Cheers,

Luís Campos

Where is it? All I can see is that scud missile launcher you're standing next to! :p

Image looks good, what's the resolution like? 100% crop?

LOL! Let's hope I dont get in trouble with the midlle east :)

I'll post a 100 % crop of the only sharp frame i got, the resolution is quite nice allthough the turbulence was heavy too, wich didn´t help much...

Bye,

Archived