Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First webcam images - Saturn

Adrian

I decided to take a first, tentative step onto the slippery slope that is astrophotography :)

My sister-in-law, having got herself a macbook, gave us her Samsung N110 netbook so I decided to get a flashed SPC880nc setup from Morgans.

The following are my first night out. These are on my unguided celestron powerseeker (114mm f/8) with an orion shorty plus 2x barlow. AVIs captured with SharpCap and stacked (and overprocessed :p) in Registax 6.

The moon shot is without the barlow.

post-21504-133877563968_thumb.jpg

post-21504-133877563969_thumb.jpg

post-21504-13387756397_thumb.jpg

post-21504-133877563972_thumb.jpg

post-21504-133877563973_thumb.jpg

Yeah, went a bit far on some of those to try and get Cassini - I'm sure I can see a hint of it, but it may just be wishful thinking.

I haven't really learned Registax yet - just using defaults and the tutorial at the registax site so far.

WayBig - These were using the celestron powerseeker 114mm reflector ('standard' 4.5" reflector with 900mm focal length) on an unguided eq1 that my wife bought me years ago.

Celestron Powerseeker 675 Reflector: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I am planning on upgrading and do not recommend this scope, however it is possible to get reasonable results.

The 500mm frac is an old manual focus lens with a t-thread fitting that I added a t extension tube and a 1.25" adaptor (astro engineering AC646 from pulsar optical). I don't really have a mount for it yet though... been using it handheld.

hi,

I've got the same webcam but can't get it to my scope very easily cos i've only got a pc. hopefully i could move the pc outside when the weather is good enough for long enough. your images are well good and i'm excited that i could produce similar pics with my 150pl.

cheers

Adamski

Archived