Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Domes

Probably most of you have seen this already, bearing in mind that this piece of kit is designed to be impervious to air attack by Migs and the like, I just wondered how someone would cut a slot in it suitable for observing puposes.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRO-DOME-PROJECT-MEADE-LX200-CELESTRON-NAGLER_W0QQitemZ300077916759QQihZ020QQcategoryZ3636QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You would be protected against falling space debris however and it looks lovely next to the green house :wink::rolleyes:

They are not really desinged to be bullet proof etc. It is just to keep the electronics clean and dust/water tight. Insdie these things would be a steerable sat dish, the dome also ensures that nothing can blobk the movement of the dish. I think most of these domes are more or less made of Fibre Glass.

The "easy" solution would be to buy it, then build a radio telescope to put in it! Since it's transparent to radio waves, it'd be perfect. You wouldn't need to cut a slot in it, or make it rotate. The scope would move for you.

Hmmmmm, What do you suppose overseas shipping would cost? :shock:

Hi,

This dome was sold on ebay around last November.

Wonder why it has gone back on their so soon ?

Hmmm

Maybe they did not "warm up" their partner / spouse adequately before it arrived on the back of a truck ? - something like that would certainly provoke a "vigourous" discussion if it arrived at our house .... :nono:

How could you introduce the subject ?.... "You know you said that I should get out of the house more, well ...." or even "Remember you said that your father enjoyed his time in the Navy, well ..."

John

Archived