NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Are we sick of M42 yet?

Kaptain Klevtsov

Last night I had a bash (again) with narrowband filters on the 16HR and got this:-

image.jpg

( Click to make it grow )

Full size version is here if anybody's interested, (though it's not a great deal bigger)

http://www.gas.uk.net/images/M42RGB.jpg

The details:-

CLS filter, 10 X 10 seconds, 5 X 30 seconds, 5 X 60 seconds

Ha filter, 10 X 20 seconds, 10 X 100 seconds, 5 X 200 seconds

OIII filter same as Ha.

Each group combined in Maxim (i.e. 10 X 10 seconds turned into master 10 second frame), Each channel then HDR converted in Photoshop CS2.

Layers arranged in CS2 to give 60:40 Ha:OIII for green channel, Ha for red and OIII for blue. Cls used as luminance layer with curves and levels stuff. Finally another luminance (CLS) layer was stuck on top in darken blend mode to bring back the trapezium.

And I quite like it :rolleyes::wink:

Captain Chaos

Bet your pleased with it CC. You've put a huge amount of work into that one. Look at all the fine detail in the nebula. What's an HDR conversion??

Well pleased Martin, now I need to find something else to point at which has Ha and OIII components that show up differently. Probably browse Richard Crisp's site http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ for inspiration.

In Photoshop,

file/automate/Merge to HDR

Pick your files and [removed word] about for half an hour - easy.

Basically uses several images to create a High Dynamic Range image. You need to have well aligned images or else it fails, fortunately that's child's play in Maxim.

Captain Chaos

Archived