Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Clear but not clear???

God I hate the weather,

It clear here at the moment but its not...wet wet wet!!! There is juast too much water vapour in the atmosphere... My subs are just going from bad to worse etc... Timwe to call it a night and wrap up.

The weather here in Holland is totally rubbish...well I hope some of you are having more luck than me!!!

I know exactly what you mean by those conditions - I get them here in West Sussex far too many times! It looks clear, I have friends and family telling me it clear and 'am I out there enjoying it' but the camera confirms that the moisture is there zapping the detail, bloating the skies and adding noise!

I know exactly what you mean by those conditions - I get them here in West Sussex far too many times! It looks clear, I have friends and family telling me it clear and 'am I out there enjoying it' but the camera confirms that the moisture is there zapping the detail, bloating the skies and adding noise!

Exactly...the sky background noise just keeps raising and destroying any detail in the image...Tried to compensate with longer sub but had to given and go to bed!!!

It was pretty much like that last night. It was so nice all day and it looked so promising but the transparency was pretty bad. Nothing much to show again despite the few hours of data :rolleyes:

Regards

Kevin

Same here, I just stacked the limited subs that I did manage to get and there rubblish, lots of haze around the brighter star and the background noise is horrible! I'm thinking around pushing the delete button on them! :hello2:

Its especially disappointing when you are setting up and tearing down each night. :D

Last night was poor, high mist I think; I had just finished a collimation session and was checking out the scope. Strangely (given the conditions) I got my best view of M82 :)to date :D, managed to see the mottling/bands (17mmT4 and 12" dob) but everything else was a waste time. Looking forwards to seeing how a well collimated scope performs on a good night.

Tonight is worse with dense high mist and moonlight :hello2:, I have to stop getting frustrated and remind myself of the good nights. :rolleyes:

Hey Neil, are there any hills in Holland? I use to work there and I thought someone mentioned that there was a hilly area, might just get you above the mist.

Tony.

I can relate to this. I'm stuck in a valley in the southwest, and the dew gets so bad that I have all four terminals of my Astrozap powering heaters! Seems to do the trick as far as keeping things free of moisture, but I still worry about the damage all that water is probably doing to unprotected parts...

Archived