NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

32mm Plossl - which one!

Help please!

Unable to get a meade 4000 32mm plossl on ebay to match the others I have got, I am looking at these:

32mm Plossl by Celestron on ebay shipped from US by a seller I am sure everyone on here has heard of:

NEW CELESTRON 32mm PLOSSL 1.25" Telescope Eyepiece Lens on eBay (end time 06-Apr-11 06:54:20 BST)

Total cost: around £24 ish

or a 32mm Plossl by skywatcher from FLO

Skywatcher - Skywatcher SP Plossl eyepieces

Cost £30 plus shipping

As the difference in price is no big deal to me which is the best to get. I am using a 130mm reflector at the minute but have the bug and am looking at bigger aperture dobsonian scope on ebay - waiting for one to come up for a decent price near me in Lincoln

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Phil,

If you're buying with an eye to the future, building up an EP set that'll stay with you as you change 'scopes and work in any that you use, then stretch to a 2nd hand TeleVue 32mm Plössl.

You can't go wrong with one of those :)

If you don't have the budget for the TV, then of the two you linked to, I'd go for the SW Plössl from FLO.

If sent from the states you may get charged VAT or duty or both. Although small on the amount stated, the Post office will charge you £12 for the priviledge of "processing" of it. And they won't hand it over until you pay.

Archived