Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Section of Auriga

This is a result of a single sub test image to test the use of my 70-200mm on my barn door. The colors of the stars are beautiful and i got a cool shot of m38 up in the left side

1 sub no darks processed in cs3

30sec @f2.8

post-22996-133877555979_thumb.jpg

This is a lovely part of the sky and you have captured lots of stuff! I too was imaging in this part of the sky last night but at a very much narrower field of view. This is what you captured :-

Astrometry.net

wow so that's where the flaming star nebula is! @____@

I'm really interested to take a more serious (read: non experimental) shot of Auriga after seeing the amount of stuff in there to see. I just love shooting stuff thats within the milky way bands..sooo much to see.

I did say Auriga was worth a look :rolleyes:

Give it the time it deserves :icon_eek:

Peter...

yup and I thank you. My goal is to photograph and explore all of the constellations one by one. When I have a good clear sky ill be shooting it again for sure with real time.

Very very very nice image! I love those blues, real high temp stars of wonder :icon_eek:

Would you mind explaining how you took this shot?

I use a manual crank barn door tracker with my canon 30d and 70-200mm telephoto lens.

Archived