NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Office closed while we attend SGL6

FLO's office is closed until next Tuesday while James and I attend the SGL6 Star Party. As with previous Star parties we are attending primarily as ourselves so please don't wave money at us B)

There will be no stall, flags or banners. We will however set up a table at the Astro Jumble (excellent idea Helen) along with other forum members offering secondhand, ex-display, b-stock and similar.

At every SGL Star Party we try to bring two or three telescopes that we think might be of interest. We set them up and make them available for people to try. This year we are packing the Tal 125 Apolar refractor, Skywatcher Skyliner 350P GOTO Dobsonian and Skymax 180 PRO Maksutov together with Celestron CGEM, Skywatcher NEQ6 PRO andproddetail.php?prod=SkyTee-2&cat=181Skywatcher Skytee II mounts.

tal_125_apo_thumb.jpgskywatcher_350p_flextube_goto_dobsonian_thumb.jpgskywatcher_skymax_180_pro_ota_thumb.jpgCelestron_CGEM_mount_thumb.jpgPROEQ6_thumb.jpgskywatcher_skytee-2_alt-az_mount_thumb.jpg

James will probably also be christening his new William Optics FLT98, if you have white cotton gloves and a pack of Jaffa cakes he might let you near it :grin:

See you there :)

Steve

Have a great time, hope the weather cheers up!

Anyone planning to snag this little lovely ....

Clearance / Pre-Owned - William Optics Megrez 72 Original Model

Think again, I nabbed it today! :)

Unfortunately it's still showing on the site, so hopefully someone won't try and buy it while everyone is away.

I thought I'd got the last one a few weeks back - had to come from FLO via Taiwan. It arrived yesterday and very nice it is too.

We recieved another two. I think WO released a small quantity following after another dealer cancelled their order, or something like that. We were hoping for four so it is highly unlikely that we will recieve more but will post details here if that changes B)

I nabbed it today! :p
Your timing was excellent :grin:

We had packed it in the van with a view to offering it at the SGL6 Astro Jumble tomorrow. Martin claimed it for you just as we were about to drive off.

Posted from our tent at SGL6, SteveL's WiFi wizardry is marvevellous :)

Your timing was excellent :)

We had packed it in the van with a view to offering it at the SGL6 Astro Jumble tomorrow. Martin claimed it for you just as we were about to drive off.

It was chuffed to save it from a trip to Wales B)

It's fab, used it for some test terrestrial shots already and I liked the results (freehand aswell!!!) Will post when I get home!

Steve - that's just not fair taking that lovely selection with you.

Do you accept husbands as payment, should I want to purchase when you're back ???

Looking forward to seeing them all.

• 2 weeks later...

John has finished his review so it will be posted soon. He got off to a bumpy start as the first one delivered was definitely under par. We sent him a replacement which was okay. When he had finished reviewing it we took it to SGL6 but time and weather were against us so it was never setup, neither was the 14" Dobsonian. The joys of astronomy in the UK!

Archived