Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

God is giving me a birthday present!

The Warthog

For my 58th birthday, God is giving me a total lunar eclipse! That's on March 3, starting at 20:18, UT, which means it will rise in eclipse here, saving me some time. Looks like it will be a very good, very dark eclipse, too. It'll probably rain. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to disappoint WH but it is my 28th birthday present from god as my birthday is also on the 3rd of march :shock: But I'm willing to share :rolleyes:

I'm actually very excited, have cancelled all family visits, and put an order in for clear skies:)

never seen a lunar eclipse before what is the best way to image it?

This one is special... it's visible from every continent on Earth!

From Moonrise in the Americas...

Whole eclipse visible from Europe/Africa/Middle East...

Before Moonset in the far East...

Even Australia gets a look in before moonset... stroike me twoice yeeou little rippa... where's me can a Fosters :rolleyes:

Surely to spark off world peace and harmony... ye ha right... maybe not LOL

Vega

I'm sorry to disappoint WH but it is my 28th birthday present from god as my birthday is also on the 3rd of march :shock: But I'm willing to share :rolleyes:

I'm actually very excited, have cancelled all family visits, and put an order in for clear skies:)

never seen a lunar eclipse before what is the best way to image it?

When I was a kid, nobody had the same birthday as me, except for Alexander Graham Bell. Now, I can't shake a tree without three people who were born on March 3 falling out. I actually used to correspond with a young poet who was born the same day as you, 30 years after me. It was an auspicious day! :wink:

Hope this data of the eclipse may help some in the UK.

from 51 degrees North, 001 degrees west. UK

3rd March 2007

Moon enters penumbra 20:19 hours

Moon enters Umbra 21:31 hours

Start of totality 22:44 hours

eclipse maximum 23:20 hours

end of totallity 23:56 hours

moon exits umbra 01:10 hours

moon exits penumbra 02:22 hours

eclipse magnitude 1.229

Moon rises 17:28 hours

moonset 06:47 hours