Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flaming Star Nebula

Catanonia

Just processed this one in HaLRGB

About 8 hours with the QHY9 (2inch filters) and Skywatcher MN190 tracked with ED80 / QHY5/ PHD / EQ6 Pro

Processed in MaximDL, PixInsight and CS5

Subs were 8mins for each LRGB and 10 mins for Ha evenly spread.

I tried my best to keep the natural colours and resisted the urge to up the blue in the nebula. So not as bright blue as you might normally see, but hopefully ou natural.

post-16631-133877547783_thumb.jpg

Looking very nice that, plenty of colour, contrast and details. You've got a good amount of the blue reflection nebula in there. I got none in my image as I used narrowband filters:(

Rich.

thanks mate :) There isn't that much blue in there.

Another great image Cat!

Love the colours!

Don't suppose you know if this worth trying with a modded dslr?

I did look into into it a bit but didn't come up with anything on the interweb.

Thanks for sharing :)

Michael

Give it a go, seen some nice images of IC405 with a dslr.

Thanks, will do.

I actualy did try to have a go at this however I was having some finder-alignment issues and not knowing what an individual 8min sub would look like on this I ended up getting an hours worth off......NOTHING! lol

I don't suppose you would mind sharing what an single sub unprocessed looks like, so that I would have a better idea for next time?

Cheers,

Michael

Good detail Steve, but it does look very red on my laptop.

The blue in the area is a "proper" colour, the gases reflecting the star light, whereas the areas bright in Ha are enhanced colours as it were.

Interestingly on this target, the areas brightest in reflection, are the dimmest in emission, makes it quite tricky to process. I'd like to see it with more made of the blue data, with 8 min subs you should have captured the very faint reflections too.

Cheers

Tim

Good detail Steve, but it does look very red on my laptop.

The blue in the area is a "proper" colour, the gases reflecting the star light, whereas the areas bright in Ha are enhanced colours as it were.

Interestingly on this target, the areas brightest in reflection, are the dimmest in emission, makes it quite tricky to process. I'd like to see it with more made of the blue data, with 8 min subs you should have captured the very faint reflections too.

Cheers

Tim

Tim,

Thanks for the feedback mate, this is extremely tricky to process as you say and I might give this another go. The redness is probably down to my Ha -> Red processing.

Archived