Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just 1 10 min sub of M1 - Surprised at the detail

swag72

I believe that in order to see much of the DSO's there is a need to stack some subs, a few more and then stack again! So, imagine my surprise at the image below. Of course I am not presenting this as a finished image, but I was very impressed at the level of detail in this.

Taken with the SW 120ED on a HEQ5, modded 1000D and a Astronomik clip CLS filter - 1 600sec sub.

This is a big old crop as well. All I have done is crop in PI and one quick histogram stretch - Nothing else.

Anyone any thoughts? Is this a usual amount of detail from 1 sub?

post-18339-13387754188_thumb.jpg

Guiding looks good, nice round stars. A nice chunk of detail as well. Unfortunately the focus looks off.

It can be a real pain to nail, but Ive found viewing on a laptop monitor really helps :)

Interesting about the focus as I used a Bahtinov mask and it was spot on. I have noticed that when I crop in tight my images do look a little soft - Wonder why that would be? I hope that it may be a focuser issue - New one on order!!

It looks very good, lots of colour and details. But i have to agree, it looks a bit out of focuse at crop, or something else wrong? i also have bahtinov mask (well, very quickly hand made one, just got my lazer cut one in metal today from metal factory), but even when focusing with that, i noticed with bahtinov grabber that i missed a bit on focuse, wich also showed on the smaller stars.

But could also be air turbulense and it will get betetr after a few stacks?

will be interesting to see final results from this :)

Interesting about the focus as I used a Bahtinov mask and it was spot on. I have noticed that when I crop in tight my images do look a little soft - Wonder why that would be? I hope that it may be a focuser issue - New one on order!!

it most likely has something to do with resolution of the picture, it happens. but its still pretty :)

I do think it's most likely being as a result of such a big crop. Definately face these sorts of issues with daylight photography, can't imagine astro will be much different.

It'll be there with any photo. There is only so many pixels in a photo you crop in close enough you'll lose sharpness because there are less pixels left.

Archived