NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Crescent Moon and Earthshine

Kain

It seems really hard to get the crescent moon to come out Afocal, I'm a little disappointed if the truth is known, but never mind.

image.jpg

A focal with the Powershot A70

image.jpg

Taken with the Fuji S6500

F5.6

1.2sec Ex

Auto Focus

I can't say I am not pleased with that, it's the first time I have managed to get earthshine on a picture. This pile of [removed word] camera is useful for something.

Kain

Isn't earthshine meant to be over-exposed? I was following the guide in this months S@N mag :D

Do you have to lower the exposure a far bit for crescent images (not earthshine)? More so than say for the first quarter?

Cheers Phil, CC

Kain

I just cant seem to take Afocal shots with it, they all come out either over-exposed or blur!

Perhaps when I get the right size camera ring, I might be able to get somewhere.

I have one of these

http://www.telescopehouse.co.uk/page.aspx?theLang=001lngdef&pointerid=FF83D60A06CD4FAF978FC176B2EE2C30&action=lnk

But I need the 58mm threaded adaptor. However these are used with 1.25" EPs, do they do one that I can use my 2" EPs on?

I'm just abit disappointed, £250 quids worth of camera, and my £20 point and shoot thing seems to do better.

Kain

Kain

I have found a similar problem with my 5600 for afocal. It will only work with the 25mm ortho. Whereas my A607 point & shoot will work with any eyepiece.

It is to do with eye-relief. The main issue is that the fix lens put the chip too far from the eyepiece and the only way to overcome this is to use the zoom but this then makes the camera eyepiece optical alignment absolutely critical will show any slight mis-algnment.

Cheers

Ian

Archived