Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope has arrived

It's no Hubble, but it's mine and I'm impressed so far.:)

It's an Evostar 90 on a EQ3-2 (on first impressions seems to me a lot more mount than required for the scope).

First impressions as I set it up are that it's a newer paint job than the light blue speckle in the ads, it's black speckle, and looks nice. It's lighter than I expected, and shorter, a lot shorter, but it's definitely a 910mm focal length(a whole 10mm longer than advertised), not sure if this is down to the model (it says v3 on the box).

The EQ3-2 is solid, I can imagine a bigger scope pushing it but the 90 is not going to tax it in the least. The scope actually looks a bit lost on the mount!!!:p

EP's look ok, not as plasticky as I've seen mentioned, maybe they have changed to a better design? Will see how it goes anyway.

Hopefully I can post a First Light review quite soon, but forecast isn't brilliant:(!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers, guys!

Look like it was delivered direct from Optical Vision Limited (OVL, Who I believe are the distributors), so they look to be shipping the latest revisions! :)

Ordered from Rother valley Optics 2 days ago, so the delivery was exceptionally good.

I love new toys, and this has to rank amongst the coolest, and I haven't even had the chance to use it yet!:p

Hi Nick congrats on your new scope clear skies to night is some places

Doug

Essex

Not looked out for a while, just assembled scope and probably need to align the finderscope in daylight.

EQ mount is solid, but seems to be a bit flummoxing at the moment, I blame the Chilean Cabinet Sauvignon, but if it's still flummoxing tomorrow then I'll start to worry!:)

I dunno bout that.

When i drink and observe i see more double stars then i ever knew existed.

Most of which i suspect are not actual doubles.

Think I'm at the double planet and moon stage:) ! If it wasn't for spell check I'd be incoherent:)!

spellchecker? :p prefer an old fashioned dictionary, hope I spelt it right :)

:p I'm a lazy toad! Think my name is fitting, although it's one I base on the place I used to live! Idle.:(

Moved a while back( 1 mile away), but liked the name for forum use! Idle is the home of "The World Famous" Idle Working Men's Club! Madonna is supposed to be a member, as Michael Jackson was also supposed to have joined! Not sure if that was the musical one, or the Beer Connoisseur(Idle WMC was in the Good beer Guide)!;)

Wow, I am certainly rambling tonight, not surprise our lass went to bed early!:D

"SPELT"?

Do you mean "spelled"?

It's a possibility, there's an awfully big grin after it! :)

This thread has drifted off topic like a poorly aligned EQ mount!:p That poor excuse for humour is probably a sign I should retire for the night!:(

"SPELT"?

Do you mean "spelled"?

"Spelt" is associated with grain (corn or wheat)

"spelled" is associated with correct spelling of words in a language.

Yeah i am bored.

So sue me.

well thats my assistant sacked! I checked with swmbo and she said I was correct :)

Paul expect a letter from my solicitor within the week :p

It's a possibility, there's an awfully big grin after it! :)

This thread has drifted off topic like a poorly aligned EQ mount!:p That poor excuse for humour is probably a sign I should retire for the night!:(

cheers mate, hope you enjoy the views ;)

well thats my assistant sacked! I checked with swmbo and she said I was correct :)

Paul expect a letter from my solicitor within the week :p

I was joking about suing me.

Unless you REALLY want to take a 3 yr old Yorkie off of my hands.

She HATES men, but loves women and children.

Nah its all in fun.

We have solved the issue at hand now we just toss banter around like there was no tomorrow.

I'm a big believer in banter! I am a big Rugby League fan, and the banter that flies around at games is great! :p I think all sports fans like a bit of banter, but both lots a rugby fans seem exceptionally adept at it!:(

Saying that, the cricket bods gave the Aussies a far bit of (friendly) stick recently! :)

I suspect swmbo is another name for Mrs Right! ;) I prefer to think of mine as SHSBI (she who should be ignored), but it's quite subversive thinking, and only for anonymous forums:)

I was joking about suing me.

Unless you REALLY want to take a 3 yr old Yorkie off of my hands.

She HATES men, but loves women and children.

Are you referring to a Terrier there? Parents has 2 in the distant past, one was vicious, punched well above her weight (about 8oz wet though), smallest dog I've known, but the most disturbed!:) Once took a chunk out of a German Shepard who tried to rag it! totally mad:)

Are you referring to a Terrier there? Parents has 2 in the distant past, one was vicious, punched well above her weight (about 8oz wet though), smallest dog I've known, but the most disturbed!:) Once took a chunk out of a German Shepard who tried to rag it! totally mad:)[/quote

Yep its a Yorshire Terrier. Mad as a hatter. Loves nothing more then ripping my skin apart.

I have had 3 of them in my life and they were placid as could be. This one is DIFFERENT.

This one seems to think that she is the leader of the pack and owns the house and everyone in the house has to submit to her.

She had ripped my hands apart in a battle for domination more times then i care to remember, yet she is a different dog around the women in my family.

My 7 yr old niece can hang the dog upside down by the back legs and the dog will not bite.. They are thick as thieves.

Yet if i even look at her (the dog) in a wrong way she will do her best to draw blood from me.

Other times (most of the time) the dog follows me around like a bad smell.

I am 37 yrs old and had dogs all my life.

I simply can not work out the mentality of this Yorkie.

Archived