Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Horsehead and Flame

anthony

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Martin,

That looks great.

It actually has got me really excited about getting out and getting colour. RGB is something I have done only a little of. It is much less complicated getting simple Lum or Ha. I was wondering how the RGB image was going to come out. Simply can't wait for clear skies. Hopefully this weekend, as I have to stay up pretty late for this one due to houses and big lights.

Lovely addition.

Anthony

Ant, both Rog and I have sweated a fair bit recently over sorting out LRGB. If you have any questions re acquisition, aligning, combining in Maxim or PS, colour bias, colour balance etc etc drop one of us a pm

Like the sound of that offer! I have done a couple recently M45, M1. One M1 was from very dark skies and the colour came out a treat. I was using an out of collimation SCT so the actual image was poor.

My problem so far has hinged around getting a dark background without clipping - (light pollution giving gradients on one end, yet the other end being fairy dark. Using the 3" widefiled makes this gradient more pronounced.)

The other problem was getting an even colur background with no colour cast to it - again noted with light pollution gradients.

I do not know if this is due to - spectral response of the camera, transmission of the filters, altittude of object in question, local light pollution or my combining!?!?!?

This makes me falter. I know that over time it will become much easier the same way that general set up, acquisition, summing images, basic curves etc has gone from being an absolute mystery to something interesting and doable. I also have an excellent DVD on photoshop tutorials. It is a question of getting time to do it and getting the weather to get the imfo.

Tonight, all going well I shall finish the horsehead colour data. I tried a few nights ago - 30 mins of Red, 30 of hazy cloudy green, then dodging rain drops!

That addition of colour to my M51 has really inspired me to get the same. When I do I shall eagerly post my results whatever the standard.

A question. I have a lumicon deep sky light pollution reduction filter that I did not use.

Would you suggest using it in conjunction with my RGB filters?

My basic M51 lum were IR blocked. My little scope is pretty well corrected but our ccds are sensitve to more than we can see - any thoughts on the use of a UV/IR filter?

Cheers again

Anthony

Archived