Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Was I the only one that had trouble?

Manok101

It's now fairly easy, I still have goof ups from time to time, but I was wondering if I was the only one out there who had trouble figuring out Goto, only to figure out that it was a simple mistake in my setup. It took me quite some time to figure it out too. It was an error in my setup, and I didn't quite get the red dot finder at first, now I really enjoy the red dot more than the cross hair finder that I use on my small scope.

Guess that Goto sometimes might be better named MaybeGoto, or PleaseGoto(go on......please!).

It certainly isn't just you. I read all the excellent advice on this forum about setting up Goto, and I STILL initially made the same dumb mistake they had all warned about. :)

Can't myself get on with red dot finders myself, though - just prefer ye olde traditional finder scope.

Goto's go quite happily so long s the initial alignment and data entered is correct.

However the pain involved in getting it right is many and varied. Sometimes amusing.

I think the main point is to realise that the handset is not a PC and has nowhere near the capabilities of a PC.

Reading the manual 2 or 3 times helps as does setting up in daylight to find out what you will be asked and expected to do.

Archived