Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first little setup

Woody

Have been playing with my new toy, a HEQ5 Syntrek and a Skywatcher ST80. Pictured with my 500d and 100-400mm L zoom and Lenova netbook.

post-22976-133877534762_thumb.jpg

The scope can't sit very central on the mount at the moment because of bolt heads being in the way, but a very generous SGL member has offered to make me a better suited dovetail,Cheers Peter.:glasses1:

Thanks for looking

Jeremy

It will soon be sorted ... the bits are on my desk so I dint forget to do it in the morning...

I personally wouldn't trust lump of an L series lens to the bush on top of the standard ST80 rings... its highly likely that you will get differential flexure between the camera and the ST80 guidescope...

Peter...

RogerTheDodger - yes, a EQDIR to the mount and using Stellarium. I actually haven't used any of it in anger yet due to rain, clouds, light pollution.... Hopefully up to Suffolk next weekend to a dark site.

Hi Woody,

Just out of interest, where in Suffolk did you intend going to? I live in Suffolk and am just starting out in Astronomy and am keen to identify good dark sites to visit, even with my old 10X50 bino's to get me started whilst I decide on which scope/equipment to buy?

Thanks,

Gary

G'day Gary. I am actually at my brother-in-laws place at Onehouse (a bit outside Stowmarket on the way to Finborough). Last night turned out to be very good weather wise didn't it! Had first light with my little ST80 and was quite impressed with such a small scope. I will never forget seeing Saturn. Problem is now...I need a bigger scope!

When I am next in suffolk I will give you a shout.

Cheers

Archived