Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fuji S9600 bridge camera

Hi All,

I got a Fuji bridge camera with a 58mm threaded end for other lenses etc, This camera can only have an exposure time up to 4 seconds. firstly what bits do I need to fit this camera to my 1 1/4" focuser and secondly at 4 second exposure would I need to use a stacking program to get decent pics of fainter objects?

Kev.

Hi Kev. You will need one of each of these to attach the camera to your scope:

Adaptors - T Rings

Adaptors - FLO 1.25-inch T mount camera adapter

Because the camera can only take 4 seconds of exposures, you will need to take lots (the more the merrier) of these exposures and stack them in a program such as DSS (Deep Sky Stacker). This program can be downloaded online for free.

Is your scope on an EQ mount or is is on a Dobsonian base?. If it is on an EQ mount then imaging will be easier then on a Dob.

hi kev I have a 9600. on manual setting it will go to 30 secs exposure

I just read this. Yes on "BULB", this camera goes up to 30 seconds.

I wasnt sure about the ISO settings either but they are also changable and have a full range.

From what i can tell, this camera is a full blown does as you want SLR...................apart from the 30 second BULB setting but that isnt even an issue.

Hi Kev, I have a Fujifilm finepix S5700/S700, First of all you can get a 58mm to T2 adapter from eBay, or look for a combination of adapters that will step down to T/T2.

Then look for a Revelation Projection eyepiece, I have a 32mm one, you can find a 40mm at Telescope House... Or try this link at FLO Eyepiece Sets - Revelation Photo-Visual Eyepiece kit

This will attach to the T/T2, first of all place eyepiece into scope focus as normal, remove eyepiece attach to T/T2 and then just place into scope and auto focus with your camera and that’s it.

You can hold the shutter half way down and focus the scope slightly if needed.

If your camera has Video on it as mine has then you can do exactly as above, make a short movie and then take stills from it or run it through RegiStax.

Good luck Andy

Hey

I also have an old fuji bridge camera with a fixed lens, but with a threaded lens tube type thing. I was hoping I could adapt it somehow to fit onto my 150p but it seems that it might be near enough as expensive as buying a cheap / second-hand SLR?

Hey

I also have an old fuji bridge camera with a fixed lens, but with a threaded lens tube type thing. I was hoping I could adapt it somehow to fit onto my 150p but it seems that it might be near enough as expensive as buying a cheap / second-hand SLR?

this page shows how to do afocal photography and what you will need, hope it helps.

No…Lads you’re getting confused, its not viable to remove your lens trust me I have tried and the camera never worked again!!!!.

All you need is an adapter and a revelation projection eyepiece; don’t worry when your not using it on your camera it makes a lovely wide field eyepiece,

I have been using one for months and have had some really nice photos.

I’ll try and downloading some photos for you.

Have a look at this Link

Telescope House Revelation 40mm Projection Eyepiece 1.25"

Andy.

No…Lads you’re getting confused, its not viable to remove your lens trust me I have tried and the camera never worked again!!!!.

All you need is an adapter and a revelation projection eyepiece; don’t worry when your not using it on your camera it makes a lovely wide field eyepiece,

I have been using one for months and have had some really nice photos.

I’ll try and downloading some photos for you.

Have a look at this Link

Telescope House Revelation 40mm Projection Eyepiece 1.25"

Andy.

I've been using mine a year or so now the adaptor screws into the lens then fits over an eyepiece

I can see what you mean now Rowan, I had a look on the Link for eBay you posted, I couldn’t find any thing like that when I first started to look for adapters, sorry I dint mean to be rude, just not up to date.

I did have some thing very similar but needed loads of adapters to accommodate it by which time I couldn’t get the eyepiece close enough to be of any use.

Andy

Archived